Stearns & Foster® guarantees the replacement or repair of your mattress or foundation (“boxspring”, or “rigid foundation”) if, in normal use, either piece fails to meet our high standards for quality and workmanship. Be aware that body indentations are a normal occurrence in new mattresses, and indicate the upholstery layers are conforming to your body’s contours.
Please keep your sales receipt and Stearns & Foster® Certificate of Limited Warranty in a safe place. Please do not remove the law tag attached to the mattress or foundation.
HOW LONG IS THE LIMITED WARRANTY?
Coverage begins on the date of purchase and follows the “Warranty Schedule” or call Customer Service at 1-800-268-4414. If Stearns & Foster® repairs or replaces your sleep set, the Limited Warranty continues from the original date of purchase.
WHAT IS COVERED BY THE LIMITED WARRANTY?
The Limited Warranty is only valid for the original purchaser of the mattress and foundation set, and only covers manufacturing defects in a mattress or foundation when the set is subject to proper handling and normal use in conjunction with a bed frame that provides continuous support. To provide continuous support, a Queen or King frame must have:
- A rigid bridge bar with a supporting leg and
- At least 5 legs, or 5 equally spaced hardwood cross-slats (see examples below). If slats are spaced more than 2" apart, a solid platform is required to be placed on top of the slats.
Replacement of one piece in the set does not guarantee replacement of the other piece in the set.
Mattress: Torn handles, stitches pulled out of the handle where sewn to the mattress, or tears in the mattress fabric where the handles are attached, coils or wires that are loose or broken, coils or wires that protrude or rip through the fabric, body indentations as outlined in the Warranty Schedule.
Foundation: Splits in the wood frame, squeaks, rattles or noises, broken, loose or defective beams and/or center support rail, loose or broken module wire, compression of modules, unstapling of modules. A Stearns & Foster® mattress must be supported by a Stearns & Foster® foundation or an approved lifestyle foundation.
Examples of Proper Bed Frames for Queen and King Size Bedding.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED BY THE LIMITED WARRANTY?
The Limited Warranty excludes: mattress fabric (covers with stains, soiling or burns), comfort preference, bed height, spills, bent or broken border/grid wires which run along the perimeter of the mattress and foundation due to moving or bending the sleep set, mattress or foundation damage due to abuse or abnormal use, damage due to use with an inappropriate foundation, used bedding, bedding sold “As Is”, floor models, damage due to bed frames that do not provide continuous support, damage incurred by transportation or delivery, sheet fit and costs associated with transportation, inspection or removal of products. Also, normal body indentation not associated with sag in foundation, as outlined in the Warranty Schedule, is not covered. If it is determined that an indentation is caused by misuse, abuse or factors other than a product defect, this warranty will not cover that condition.
Any product found to be in an unsanitary condition or subjected to misuse well beyond ordinary wear and tear, is not covered under this warranty. We highly recommend the use of a mattress pad to keep your mattress in a sanitary condition.
IS THIS SLEEP SET FLAME OR FIREPROOF?
Do not place your mattress near open flame or expose to fire. This mattress is not flame or fireproof, and can ignite and/or burn if exposed to open flame or fire. When ignited, some bedding material can burn rapidly and emit smoke and hazardous gases. Do not smoke in bed. This mattress is manufactured as required by federal law to resist, but not necessarily eliminate, ignition by smouldering cigarettes.
WHAT SHOULD I DO IF A PROBLEM OCCURS?
First, contact the retail store where you purchased your sleep set. If you cannot reach this store, or if you have moved, write directly to the Customer Service Department, 145 Milner Avenue, Scarborough, ON M1S 3R1 or contact our Customer Service line at 1-800-268-4414 or via email at [email protected]
For the Limited Warranty to be valid, you must:
- Be the original consumer purchaser, and have purchased the sleep set from an authorized dealer in Canada,
- Provide a copy of the original store receipt, or proof of date, retailer and purchase price and,
- Provide the law label from the defective product.
WHAT WILL STEARNS & FOSTER® DO IF A PROBLEM OCCURS?
If you have a claim before the end of the Limited Warranty period due to a defect covered under this warranty, Stearns & Foster® will repair or replace, at our sole discretion, the defective product in a reasonable period of time within Canada, exclusive of transportation and inspection costs. Stearns & Foster® reserves the right to replace the failed product with a product of equal or higher value, and does not guarantee an exact match to your current sleep set.
OTHER LIMITATIONS OF WARRANTY
Any implied warranty on this product, including any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, shall not exceed in duration the term of this limited warranty, which begins with the date of purchase by the consumer. The terms in this warranty shall be the consumer’s sole and exclusive remedy in the event of product failure during the warranty period.
Stearns & Foster® shall not be liable for incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of this product, of the inability to use this product, or for the breach of this or any other express or implied warranty. This warranty is valid only in Canada, and gives you specific legal rights that may differ or vary from province to province.
TAKING CARE OF YOUR SLEEP SET
- Carry your mattress flat on its side, this makes it easier to handle and prevents damage.
- Replace the old foundation when purchasing a new mattress as an old foundation will not provide continuous support for your new mattress.
- Do not bend your mattress more than 25º without a Stearns & Foster® approved adjustable base. To avoid unwanted changes in comfort, we do not recommend that extra-firm mattresses be used with adjustable bases.
- Keep your mattress sanitary by using a mattress pad.
- Do not place your mattress or mattress set directly on the floor.
- Avoid placing a board between your mattress and foundation. Do not destroy the law tag label as it must be retained for warranty coverage.
- Rotate your mattress on a regular basis.
- Give your new sleep set time to “air” upon removal from its plastic packaging. Dispose of all plastic packaging as soon as possible.
- Do not stand on, jump on, use dry cleaning chemicals on, or allow any liquids on your mattress.
To determine your warranty terms, locate the mattress law tag and find the “Warranty” field shown on the sample law tag below. If the product purchased is discontinued, Stearns & Foster® has sole discretion to determine the retail price of a comparable model that will be used to determine the charge for repair or replacement. Your purchase date is established from the date of your sales receipt.